So you’re engaged! Now what? Most couples will begin the process of searching for that perfect place to tie the knot! Some couples already have their dream venue in mind and if that’s you–that’s amazing! Many, however, do not. So where to even begin searching and how to narrow down your options. There are so many factors to consider. I’m here to help you narrow it down and give you some insightftul information when deciding on your venue. Read on to discover the questions and the factors to consider when choosing where you’ll get married!
1.Budget/Cost! I know this seems super obvious, but coming up with a wedding budget first will absolutely help make this decision easier. Determine the overall amount you want to set aside for your venue
2. Availability: to secure your desired date, you should consider starting your search early. If your date is flexible that will expand your options .
3. Your wedding Theme: Making sure it aligns with your overall vision. For example, if you are having a rustic type of wedding a luxury hotel may not be suitable. Consider the cohesion of your wedding elements.
4.The Maximum Capacity: Avoid choosing a venue that is too large for a smaller guest list as it can cause it to feel empty and likewise avoid overcrowding by exceeding the venue’s capacity.
5. Weather and the backup plan: If you’re planning an outdoor wedding, make sure there is a back up option in case mother nature brings some unexpected weather. Also, make sure you love the back up indoor option.
6. Surrounding Areas: When considering a venue’s location, consider factors such as how close is to an airport for guests who are coming from out of town. Also considering what accommodations are nearby; hotels, air bnb’s, etc… or better yet maybe the venue has accommodations on site!
7. Amenities: Consider factors such as parking, catering options, even coordination does the venue provide tables, chairs, linens, etc… Don’t forget to consider bathroom access too for your guests.
8. Privacy: How private you want your even to be is something to consider. Some venues will host multiple events on the same day. If this isn’t something that bothers you that is totally Ok. But just make sure to ask how many weddings are hosted on the same day or weekend.
9. Logistics: Discuss important aspects such as how much time you get for set up, break down, and noise curfews and or any other restrictions placed by the venue. It’s important to make sure that the venue can accommodate your wedding day timeline.
10. Accessibility: Check and verify that the venue has ADA accessibility for guests who may need it. Entrances, exits, elevators, bathrooms, parking, seating options etc…
11. Reviews: Do your homework and research what other couples had to say about the venue. You might discover that there are issues that you may not have thought about and that should definitely be taken into consideration.
12. Vendor Options: For many this will be a deal breaker! Some venues want you to use their vendors and may charge a premium while others are flexible and allow you to bring in licensed vendors of your choosing. Be sure to select a venue that accommodates if you want to bring your own vendors.
There you have it! In summary, choosing a venue where you will host one of the most important days of your life, should met all of your needs and wants. Taking the extra time to do some homework and research to make sure your venue accommodates everything that you are looking for. Starting your search early will ensure you can get the most options on dates as well as finding the venues that most fit your budget.
January 19, 2024